Visitor Economy Grants – South East Business Covid Recovery Grant (SEBCOR)
Thursday 3 September 2020
The Kent and Medway Growth Hub is inviting visitor economy businesses to submit an expression of interest for 100% cash grants of £1,000 to £3,000 (£5,000 in exceptional circumstances).
The aim of the funding scheme is to help businesses who are seeking to advice to help them adapt their business as a result of Covid-19. The grants will pay for services that relate directly to the business recovery response to the pandemic, such as:
- Accountancy consultancy services
- The purchase of minor equipment.
There will only be 75 grants available across the South East LEP area for visitor economy businesses, so businesses are encouraged to register their interest as soon as possible.
The application process
- The Growth Hub will invite applicants who have submitted an expression of interest list to complete a pre-application form in mid-September.
- A team of grant officers will review the completed pre-applications. They will invite successful companies to complete a full application during a phone appointment.
- The Growth Hub will formally process applications and those who are successful will be notified.
- The applicant will then engage with the supplier of the service and receives advice or purchases equipment.
- The applicant will claim the grant funding to cover the costs incurred.
The grant officers will apply a criteria to sift applications, as there is expected to be high demand for funding. These will be if applicants are:
- eligible as a small business (less than 250 staff);
- in the tourism and hospitality sector;
- able to demonstrate a need for funding for specialist advice/minor equipment as a direct consequence of Covid-19 (ie. strength of the business case);
- a business who has not received a government grant from the hospitality, leisure and retail grant scheme.
How to apply
Visit the Kent and Medway Growth Hub website to make your expression of interest.