Starting in Business Workshop
We provide a free start up programme to anyone who is a resident of Swale and has a practical business idea. The starting in business workshop can help you to develop your business ideas, overcome barriers to success and realise your potential.
The workshops will take place at Swale House, East Street, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 3HT.
What you will learn
The workshops take place over two half day sessions. You can:
- attend day 1 followed by day 2 in the same month
- attend day 1 and then a day 2 in a different month
- attend day 2 only, if justified by your business plan.
Day 1 will cover:
- your business idea and you
- why you think it has a market
- who will want to buy it
- what will you need to make it work
- SWOT analysis – you and your business
- setting it all up
- what you’ll need to do and source
- who to tell
- managing the business
- time management
- ensuring compliance
- managing admin
- accounting and financial planning
- researching the market
- a brief overview.
Day 2 will cover:
- the market
- finding out who and where the customers are
- Why you need to market your business
- examples of great marketing
- choosing how to market effectively
- digital marketing and your online presence
- what, when, where and how you’ll sell
- your unique selling point (USP) in action
- pricing structure
- getting your PR right
- so now for the big push
- what you need for your next steps
- finance and funding options
- signposting to other support/resources
- Q&A session.
These sessions equip you with the information and know how to develop your business plan and get your business up and running.
If you would like to register for one of our workshops, please book using the links on this page and a member of the team will contact you to discuss your needs. Alternatively, please contact the team on 01795 417398.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
The Starting in Business Workshops will be delivered in accordance with the government's Covid-19 guidelines and Swale Borough Council’s protocols for the use of Swale House.
Before entering the building, you will be asked to confirm that you:
- Do not have Covid-19 symptoms
- Have not received a positive test for Covid-19 in the last 10 days
- Have not been advised to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace
Attendees must wear a mask when entering and moving around the building, but you do not have to wear one in the meeting room unless you wish to. Please contact us using the details at the end of this page if this will be an issue.
On entry to the building and in the lift lobbies you will be asked to use hand sanitiser. Hand sanitiser will also be available in the meeting room. The windows of the meeting room will be open during the meeting to ensure sufficient ventilation.
Use the following links to book your place at an upcoming workshop:
- Starting in Business Workshop (Day 1) - 9:30am-12:30pm Tuesday 2 November 2021
- Starting in Business Workshop (Day 2) - 9:30am-12:30pm Tuesday 9 November 2021
- Starting in Business Workshop (Day 1) - 9:30am-12:30pm Tuesday 7 December 2021
- Starting in Business Workshop (Day 2) - 9:30am-12:30pm Tuesday 14 December 2021
If you have any questions, please contact us using the following contact details:
- 01795 417398