Another requirement of setting up in business is the need to inform the relevant organisations that you are doing so.  The links below provide, where possible, shortcuts to where you can register your new business.

  • HMRC;
  • Your bank;
  • Companies House;
  • Your Local Council to register for business rates or any relief you might qualify for;
  • Mortgage Lender/Landlord;
  • Buildings/Contents Insurers;
  • Insurance Broker to provide car, professional indemnity, public liability;
  • Disclosure Barring Service (if working with young or vulnerable people).

If you would like further guidance please email us or call us on 01795 417398 and we will put you in touch with a business advisor.

Related Links

If you found this card useful, you could try:

Guidance for Employers


Give website feedback