Support your local campaign
8 July 2020
Produced in Kent and Visit Kent have launched a new campaign called Support Your Local. The aim is to help all local independent food and drink serving hospitality businesses in Kent. The campaign is timed to coincide with the re-opening of parts of the sector on the 4 July 2020.
The Support Your Local Campaign
The campaign has three aims:
- Celebrate the Kent hospitality sector and its central role in the Kent economy.
- Make customers feel safe by providing an overview of which businesses have reopened and the social distancing measures in place.
- Appeal to people’s personal responsibility to be caring customers.
The campaign will undertake the following activities:
- Host a launch and celebration event at the end of the campaign
- Encourage customers to sign the Caring Customer pledge
- Encourage partners to use the following hashtags to promote the hospitality sector: #SupportYourLocal #CaringCustomer #RespectProtectEnjoy
- Create websites and external media showcasing inspirational profile stories on businesses taking part in the campaign.
How to get involved
All food and drink serving businesses in Kent can list their business free of charge (until end of 2020) on a new Support Your Local map on the Help Kent Buy Local website.
Customers can use the map to easily see which businesses are open for bookings and online orders.
Businesses will receive a pin on the map which when clicked on will open a short description and a link to a webpage. The webpage can feature:
- Information on services provided
- Social distancing measures taken
- Ways the public can support the business
Register your business’ details to receive a free listing
The campaign organisers are asking Kent businesses, business support organisations, institutions, local authorities, influencers, county ambassadors and media channels to get involved.
Organisations will be asked to share the customer care pledge, engage with the social media campaign (including using the hashtags) and make everyone aware of the campaign.
If you have any questions about the campaign, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to the news & events page.