Coronavirus: Swale Business Support
Coronavirus: Support for Swale businesses
On this page you can find details about coronavirus support for Swale businesses.
Government support for businesses is also available through their website.
Latest COVID-19 update
The government has provided a range of guidance to help companies make their workplace safe:
- The government has set out 5 practical actions for working safely.
- There is a range of advice for different industries about working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The Health and Safety Executive has also provided advice about how to carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs) have been published to summarise what you can and can't do, which are based on the new guidance.
- The list of companies and premises to remain closed.
Business rates update
Swale Borough Council has clarified the expanded retail discount for 2020/21.
The government has announced that the business rates revaluation will take place in 2021, to help reduce uncertainty. The government has published the full details on their 'business rates postponed' news story.
Business support schemes
The government has issued a range of financial support measures for businesses during coronavirus.
The COVID-19 Discretionary Business Grant Scheme, the small business grant and the cash grant for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses are now closed to new applications.
The South East Business COVID Recovery Grant (SEBCOR) is expected to launch in September 2020 offering £1,000-£3,000 grants for small businesses to pay for services that relate directly to the business recovery response to the pandemic, such as: IT/HR/Accountancy Consultancy services or to purchase minor equipment.
The Economic Development E-bulletin section of this website includes an archive of our previous updates which were sent by email.
Business support from other organisations
- The government's business support helpline is 0300 456 3565 between Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm;
- The Federation of Small Businesses has advice on their website for small businesses and the self-employed.
- Swale's Council website also includes the latest updates about local services.
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has a helpline for any businesses and self-employed people concerned about paying their tax due to coronavirus (COVID-19). Up to 2,000 skilled call handlers are available to support businesses and individuals when needed. The number is 0800 0159 559 and further information is available on the HMRC website.
We would also be grateful if you could complete a survey to help inform future support and recovery plans. You can take part by completing the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Business Support Form.
Last update: Tuesday 1 September 2020.