Coronavirus: Swale Business Support
Coronavirus: Support for Swale businesses
On this page you can find details about coronavirus support for Swale businesses.
Government support for businesses is also available through their website.
Latest COVID-19 update
The Restart Grant and the Additional Restrictions Grant schemes are now closed to new applications.
If you have applied for a restart grant, you can continue to check the status of your application by logging into the Grant Approval website.
Economic Development E-bulletin
We will be using the economic development e-bulletin to continue to provide updates about business support.
Please encourage contacts and other local businesses to sign up for the e-bulletin so that as many businesses as possible can be kept informed. If they would like to subscribe to receive the e-bulletin in their inbox, they just need to email email@example.com and we will add them to our mailing list.
We will also continue to provide regular updates through the Swale Borough Council website, the Swale Means Business website and the Council’s social media accounts.
The government has provided a range of guidance to help companies make their workplace safe:
- The government has set out 5 practical actions for working safely.
- There is a range of advice for different industries about working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The Health and Safety Executive has also provided advice about how to carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment.
- The list of companies and premises to remain closed.
Business rates update
Swale Borough Council has clarified the extended retail discount for 2020/21.
The government has announced that the business rates revaluation will take place in 2021, to help reduce uncertainty. The government has published the full details on their 'business rates postponed' news story.
Business support schemes
The government has issued a range of financial support measures for businesses during coronavirus.
The Economic Development E-bulletin section of this website includes an archive of our previous updates which were sent by email.
Business support from other organisations
- The government's business support helpline is 0300 456 3565 between Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm;
- The Kent and Medway Growth Hub also has a Business Recovery Helpline where you can speak to an advisor. Their number is 03333 602300 which is open between Monday to Friday during office hours.
- The Federation of Small Businesses has advice on their website for small businesses and the self-employed.
- Swale's Council website also includes the latest updates about local services.
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has a helpline for any businesses and self-employed people concerned about paying their tax due to coronavirus (COVID-19). Up to 2,000 skilled call handlers are available to support businesses and individuals when needed. The number is 0800 0159 559 and further information is available on the HMRC website.
Last update: Thursday 1 July 2021.