South East Creative, Cultural and Digital Support
The South East Creative, Cultural and Digital Support (SECADDS) scheme aims to work with small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the creative, cultural and digital sector to:
- Encourage new business start-ups
- Increase the sustainability of micro businesses
- Promote business growth
The scheme offers grants, workshops, mentoring, support for recruiting an intern, and support to create jobs.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) who work in the creative, cultural and digital sector.
The scheme follows the EU definition of SME’s who:
- Employ fewer than 250 people
- Annual turnover not exceeding €50 million
- Balance sheet not exceeding €43 million
- Are not engaged in a restricted sector according to the state aid regulations and ERDF requirements. In addition, that your business will not exceed the deminimis state aid limit (€200,000 over three years) or be in a position where the application for support would, if granted, exceed the state aid limit.
Companies within the creative, cultural and digital sector include:
- Advertising and marketing
- Design and designer fashion
- Film, TV, video, radio and photography
- IT, software and computer services
- Museums, galleries and libraries
- Music, performing and visual arts
The Support Available
Once you are accepted on the programme, a business needs assessment/diagnostic will be undertaken to assess the type of support which you would most benefit from. The support can then take the form of:
- Grants to increase start up capacity; business growth; products/services; job creation; business efficiency; innovation and markets/networks.
- Internships – Support, funding and a free matching service for talented students and recent graduates to benefit your business.
- Workshops and mentoring – Group workshops on business skills, networking events, tailored mentoring and support around big data and data analytics.
- Job creation – tailored mentoring for rapidly growing businesses considering taking on new staff.
To find out more please contact Lisa Ricketts, SECCADS Programme Manager, who can be emailed on SECCADS@thurrock.gov.uk or call 01375 652271.