Green Business Fund: An Overview
The Green Business Fund supports small and medium-sized companies in England, Wales and Scotland. The scheme provides funded support through various initiatives designed to to help companies reduce their energy consumption, which in the longer term can help them cut costs.
What does the Green Business Fund do?
The activities of the fund include:
- Energy opportunity assessments – helping businesses to identify energy saving opportunities and develop a robust business case for the purchase of appropriate equipment. The support may be provided remotely (via email and telephone) or on-site.
- Implementation advice & equipment procurement support – helps to find reputable suppliers to install specific equipment according to a individual business’ requirements. Please note that this is designed to support companies who have a specific energy project already in mind. As part of this support, your business can receive up to 5 days of support from a Carbon Trust consultant.
- Workshops – a series of free workshops designed to help small businesses work out how best to identify energy saving opportunities applicable to them.
- Energy Efficiency Webinars – a series of technical energy efficiency webinars, covering a range of topics. Lasting approximately 45 minutes-1 hour, the webinars are delivered by a Carbon Trust Technical expert. You can register your interest in attending a webinar by registering on the Green Business Fund website.
- A financial contribution towards your energy saving equipment – a capital contribution of up to 15% of the project cost (up to a max of £5,000) for small and medium sized businesses. For example, an application could apply for a £5,000 contribution towards a lighting system for a warehouse or perhaps some new HVAC equipment for an office. For more information on applying for this support, please read more on the Green Business Fund website.
Green Business Guides
The Carbon Trust has released a series of guides that can help your business save energy. These include:
- Lighting – provides energy efficiency lighting advice for your organisation, including guidance on energy-saving LED lighting.
- Supply Chain – manage energy issues and improve the environmental credentials of your business.
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) – introduces the main energy saving opportunities for businesses and demonstrates how simple actions save energy, cut costs and increase profit margins.
Contact the Green Business Fund
If you would like to contact the Green Business Fund then please call +44 (0)20 7170 7000.
Alternatively visit the Green Business Fund section of the Carbon Trust website for more information.