Employing an Apprentice
Do you know just how valuable and inexpensive an apprentice could be to you? An additional team member in your organisation could provide essential support, allowing you and your existing staff more time to focus on developing and growing your business.
Make 2017 the year your business commits to recruiting an apprentice. Pledge now or contact us for further help and support.
There are a huge range of job roles covered by apprenticeships – over 1,500 actually! Supported by a variety of different standards ranging from intermediate to advanced and higher levels, apprenticeships present a real alternative to university for a lot of young people.
Hiring apprentices helps businesses to grow their own talent by developing a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce, whilst improving productivity and reducing costs.
Key facts about Apprenticeships:
- The National Minimum Wage rate for apprentices is £3.40 per hour (£3.50 from 1st April 2017)
- They must work for a minimum of 30 hours per week
- An apprenticeship can last between one and four years
- Training costs for apprentices under the age of 18 at time of registration are 100% funded
- You can apply for a grant of up to £1500 to help you employ an apprentice
For more information about recruiting an apprentice visit www.getingofar.gov.uk